Brobbey snubbed Man Utd to return to Ajax

Celebrity Trending
0

 

Download The world news app and enjoy additional content including videos replays and full entertainment 




Dutch international Brian Brobbey has admitted that he turned down a lucrative offer from Manchester United in order to re-sign for Ajax last year.


The 21-year-old striker left Ajax for RB Leipzig in 2021, but struggled to adapt to life in Germany and scored only one goal in 15 appearances for the Bundesliga side.


He was then linked with a move to Old Trafford, where his former coach Erik ten Hag had taken over as manager after leaving Ajax.


However, Brobbey revealed that he had no hesitation in choosing to go back to Amsterdam, where he had spent his entire youth career and won two Eredivisie titles.


"I had a very good relationship with Ten Hag, he helped me a lot at Ajax and he wanted me to join him at Man Utd," Brobbey told De Telegraaf.



"But I felt that Ajax was the best place for me to continue my development and to enjoy my football. I love this club and I have a strong connection with the fans and the city."


Brobbey added that he did not regret his decision, as he has been in fine form for Ajax this season, scoring 12 goals in 18 games in all competitions.


He also said that he hopes to earn a call-up to the Netherlands national team for the 2024 World Cup in Qatar.


"I am very happy with how things are going for me at Ajax. I feel confident and I have a lot of support from the staff and the players," he said.


"My dream is to play for the Oranje at the World Cup. I know there is a lot of competition, but I believe in myself and I will work hard to achieve that goal."


Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)