Offset explains why he refused to join Kai Cenat's fake jail stream

Celebrity Trending
0

 

 

The Migos star says he didn't want to disrespect his friends who are locked up for real.

Offset has revealed the real reason why he turned down Kai Cenat's invitation to join his livestream from a fake jail cell, and it has nothing to do with the streamer's negative review of his album.



The rapper, who recently released his solo project Set It Off, spoke to The Morning Hustle and said he felt uncomfortable participating in the stunt because he has experienced the harsh reality of prison life and has friends who are still behind bars.


"A lot of people thought it was because of how he judged the album," Offset said. "I didn't do the jail thing because I really had to think about it. I really come from that and it's really got bros and homies struggling with that. It's not really a game. It's a serious thing. I understand content — I salute it — but I just couldn't be a part of that content."


He added that he didn't want to make a mockery of his friends who are serving long sentences and have no hope of getting out.


"If y'all remember I come from jail, I remember sitting in there down bad with no money on the books. I know how it feel. It ain't the right feeling. I got homies that can't get out ever. I didn't want to make a mockery of them," he said.


He also said that he didn't want to deal with the backlash from his peers who might see him pretending to be in jail for entertainment.


"My world and his world different. I got some real shit that go on in mine. I ain't want to have to answer the bros. Even when the clip came out, the bros like, 'Ay, what you got going on?' Because it's a serious thing," he said.


Offset was referring to a clip that went viral on social media, where Kai Cenat called him on FaceTime and asked him to join his jail stream. Offset declined and hung up, leaving Cenat disappointed.


Cenat, who is a popular streamer and content creator, had previously criticized Offset's album on his Twitch channel, calling some of the songs "mid" and saying he "didn't like" others. He also expressed his frustration with Offset's lack of promotion for the project.


However, Offset said he had no hard feelings towards Cenat and that he respected his opinion.


"I don't take it personal. Everybody got their own opinion. I'm not mad at him. He's doing his thing. He's a content creator. He's got a big platform. He's got a lot of fans. I salute him for that," he said.


Offset also said that he had a good relationship with Cenat and that he had joined his 24-hour stream at his house in September, where they had fun and even slept over.


He recalled some of the highlights of the stream, such as facing his fear of snakes, falling off his chair, and talking to his wife Cardi B on the phone.


Offset said he enjoyed the stream and that he was open to collaborating with Cenat again, as long as it didn't involve fake jail.


"I'm down to do anything with him, but not the jail thing. That's not my thing," he said.

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)